Chia Seed Oil and Its Health Benefits
Are you looking for a vegan superfood? Want a healthy and young looking skin? Then, try out Chia seed oil. You can add it up on your organic skin care ingredients because you can use it as a skin moisturizer. If you are still not yet convinced, keep reading this article further to know more about Chia seed oil and its health benefits.
What is Chia Seed?
Chia is the edible seed of Salvia hispanica. It is considered as one of the healthiest food because it has numerous health benefits. As a matter of fact, Chia seed is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, B vitamins thiamin and niacin. Chia seeds have been an important source of energy of Incan and Mayan cultures because they are high in protein. In addition, the Aztecs also used them to make flour and oil. Today, chia seeds are used to create a healthy snack as it contains high-fiber, high-protein, and high-omega-3-fatty-acid. Chia seeds are low in cholesterol and sodium, but they contain antioxidants, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and manganese.
Nutrient Content of Chia Seeds:
Chia Seed may be tiny in size but they contain a big amount of nutrients which are all essential to our body. Here is the nutrient content of Chia Seeds.
A one-ounce (28 grams) serving of chia seeds contains:
● Fiber: 11 grams.
● Protein: 4 grams.
● Fat: 9 grams (5 of which are omega-3s).
● Calcium: 18% of the RDI.
● Manganese: 30% of the RDI.
● Magnesium: 30% of the RDI.
● Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI.
Aside from these, they also contain a decent amount of zinc, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.
What is Chia Seed Oil?
Chia oil is an oil which is extracted from the tiny super-seed of Chia Seed. It contains high amounts of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. That’s why you can add it to your skin care formulas as it helps increase skin hydration and temporarily alleviate itchy skin. Aside from it, it also fortifies the skin barrier function, reduces the appearance of wrinkles and makes our skin soft and smooth.
Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
Studies have proven that chia seeds have tons of health benefits to offer. Here are few of the health benefits of Chia Seeds.
1. Support Healthy Skin — Many people are obsessed with skin care products. So, if you happen to be looking for an effective skin care ingredient, then try out Chia seed oil. Chia seeds are packed with antioxidants which are beneficial to our skin health. If you are not aware of it, antioxidants are compounds that fight free radical damage and prevent oxidative stress while repairing our tissue and protecting it against skin damage. It is considered one of the most high-antioxidant foods and can be a great source of vitamin B3 and zinc. Vitamin B3 and Zinc prevents oily skin and clogged pores. So, do not forget to add up chia seeds to your diet list as it may help fight premature aging and protect the skin cells against free radical damage.
2. Promote Digestive Health — Chia seed is loaded with fiber which helps in increasing stool frequency and regularity. That’s why adding it to your meal will prevent constipation. Aside from it, fiber also helps and keep us feel fuller longer. That’s why Chia seed is also good for weight loss.
3. Improve Heart Health — Chia seeds are naturally high in antioxidants, fiber and heart-healthy fats which can improve our heart health. In fact, it can reduce inflammation and decrease few risk factors of heart disease. Aside from it, It also helps in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels and keeps our arteries clear which may prevent coronary heart disease.
4. Balance Blood Sugar — Studies have shown that Chia seed can help in maintaining normal blood sugar levels which can help in combating diabetes and insulin resistance. This is because this tiny seed is rich in alpha-linolenic acid and fiber.
5. Boost Energy and Exercise Performance — This superfood is a good source of energy. In fact,
Chia seeds are often used by athletes as it can enhance exercise performance. Aside from it, Chia also contains protein which can help build muscle mass and increase strength. In addition, protein can aid in the repair of muscle tissues and can also build new muscle.
There are tons of reason why you should add up Chia seed oil to your everyday use. For instance, you can use it for cooking and enjoy its health benefits. You can also use and apply this to your hair and add it up on your skin regimen as it has moisturizing, protecting, and calming properties. That’s why it is the perfect ingredient for all-around anti-aging.
If you liked this post and you would certainly such as to get even more details regarding Organic ashwagandha powder bulk uk kindly browse through our web site.